Okay, this post is going to sound sort of dramatic. Sorry about that. But I'm sitting here, lost in deep thoughts that I feel the need to share.
Here's the funny story... Life is ridiculous. Reality almost never meets expectation, and life never turns out how you want it to. Problems arise. Disappointment comes. Basically, excuse my language, crap happens. You get hurt and you get broken, and sometimes you don't get the answers to prayers that you wanted.
But good old Darius Rucker taught me a thing or two about that.
His whole song "This" is great. But I especially like one line.
"Maybe it didn't turn out like I planned, but maybe that's why I'm such a lucky man."
He isn't exactly where I usually get my wisdom from, but I find comfort in his lyrics anyways. Now... More importantly, it's important to remember that it doesn't matter that things don't happen how you want them to. Because the truth is they happen how they're supposed to. Our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us - ALWAYS. Even when we don't. ESPECIALLY when we don't.
Even though I know that, sometimes it's still hard to accept it. Sometimes accepting life's unexpected turns is easier said than done. But it's still possible. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment