Thursday, December 15, 2011

Almost . . .

Almost is a funny word.

It can be used in a good way. Like I am almost done with finals! The thought makes me want to weep tears of joy. This semester has been crazy and I'm so excited to almost be done with it. The word has this feeling of excitement and celebration because a victory is near.

But . . . it can also be a horrible word. I almost won. I almost passed the class. I almost got the job. Instead of talking about how something great is going to happen sometime very soon, it talks about how something really great didn't quite happen.

Really, the word sort of scares me. Because when it comes down to it, almost never cuts it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love you Cait!

Amber Handy said...

Man, that was profound! But you really are almost done with finals :-) Good luck!