Monday, January 18, 2010

I wish I had one . . .

I have this little problem. I hate doing homework and being responsible . . . so sometimes I end up wasting my time on the Internet. Okay, a lot of the time. But in my opinion, most the stuff I spend time looking at is totally worthwhile - or would be if I wasn't supposed to be doing homework - and fantastic (except you, Facebook - can we just break up already?) So today was supposed to be a MAJOR homework day, mainly because I procrastinated and played all weekend. And it has been. Sort of. Luckily the day is young so I still have plenty of time to do more homework. But my point is that since it's a homework day - I inevitably had to have some weak moments and end up surfing the internet. One of the wedding blogs I follow had a new post today, which I obviously had to check out. And it talked about wedding flowers. So I went to the website they were talking about and looked at the flowers. Which made me start thinking about flowers I like. And looking up bouquets with them. And then thinking about flowers I might like to have for my wedding someday. And mentally arranging those bouquets. Which then led me to another aspect of weddings. It's a rough cycle.

Today this vicious cycle led me to snowflakes. I love winter weddings. I plan on having one someday. So I allotted myself fifteen minutes to look up snowflake cakes. But then I stumbled across a snowflake hair pin. Fifteen minutes turned into 25. Then I found tips on planning a winter wedding. There goes 40 minutes. You see what I mean? It's quite ridiculous.

My favorite thing is that half the time when I do this it isn't even like planning my wedding. Just weddings in general. I love them and wish I could plan them all day long. But . . . I can't. And as you probably noticed, today's theme was most definitely for myself. But don't worry. I'm not obsessing about getting married. I'm really not ready (knock on wood). I just want to have a wedding. My priorities are SO straight!

After I dragged myself off the Internet and into the textbooks, I was a good little girl and got homework done. Then I decided to just check one more time to see if anyone had updated their blog in the last few hours. Bad move, Caitlyn. Bad move. I ended up finding my way to one of my obsessions. It's called Little Shop of Shavs and it is SO great.

It is this woman who paints pictures. And they are incredible. I am pretty sure I have mentioned these in the past, but that's okay. They deserve another post. I am truly obssessed with them and want one so bad it's really not even funny. Unfortunately . . . I do not have money for such things. Because they are not exactly cheap. But, on the plus side (I guess?), my favorite ones that she does are the couple ones. And since I am not married and therefore have no need for a couple one, I am okay waiting. But I still enjoy looking at them. Over and over.

Want to see one of my new favorites? Of course you do. Click here. I just love this painting because it's so unique and personal to the couple. It shows their relationship and interests. Adorable.

And after you check out that painting, look at the rest of them! She is incredibly talented and I am in awe pretty much. Hopefully you will all love them too and will get you your very own! After which I shall be ridiculously jealous of you. But also very happy for you, of course. :)

So really, check her stuff out.

P.S. I so want one at my wedding. How cute is this? (Second picture down)

1 comment:

Judy said...

Loved the pics -- good luck with homework too!